Shabby Miss Jenn

Sunday 1 February 2009

Almost Back to School!

Yep that's right my kids are getting ready to go back to school Monday 2nd of Feb. I cannot believe how quick these Christmas holidays have come and gone and now it's a new year with new teachers and new aims and goals to achieve. My kids are certainly growing up and each year I feel seems to fly by just that little bit quicker then the last one.

So what's happening round the Turnbull place? Well as already mentioned kids are back to school tomorrow and so one more sleep in before early morning chaos is upon us 5 days a week.

The next piece of news I have for you is about our son Maddison, he is our youngest child and is 13. He was diagnosed 3 months ago with ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) but on the 22nd January he was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome. More assessments to be done, a 6-12 month waiting list for most of them and no real help until they have been done. Another difficult diagnosis to deal with. Maddison is also visually impaired and was diagnosed with Best's Vitelliform Dystrophy when he was 3. A genetic, progressive non curable macular degeneration which effects the central vision which results in the central vision going blind, his sister Stephanie has it and so does Tim. I could go onto why he has a late diagnosis as well but for now I'll leave it and come back with that for another time.

This year was meant to be a better year and although our son Lance is doing ok for now it is so full on and now with both boys and their dual diagnoses and everything else I still deal with.......I feel I need a holiday from the holidays.

Summer.....I so dislike summer and all the heat it brings with this season. We have been in the worst heat wave this country has experienced for 100 years and boy is it hot. No relief in sight a weeks worth of over 40 degrees celcius and we drop down to 39 tomorrow. I don't think I've ever sweated or drank so much in these last few days. Anything to stay hydrated, cool and dry and with little success as well. There's a cool breeze blowing tonight as the temps have dropped nicely so hoping it will be a good night sleep.

And upon that word sleep...that's where I am headed....yep off to bed and then to sleep. Till next bloggin' take care and stay safe. Hugs Chris xoxo

1 comment:

Ann-Marie said...

hello my sweets! I thought you would blog late hahaha! Do you think if we asked nicely, the heat would just bugger off?! Not likely hey? LOL! Don't forget I have a challenge for ya on my blog. I shouldn't be here LOL! I am supposed to be cleaning up and getting the kids ready to go visit the outlaws .. maybe that's why I am procrastinating!!! catch ya later darl :)