Shabby Miss Jenn

Tuesday 1 April 2008

Happy 14th Birthday Stephanie!

Yes my DD Steps turned 14 yesterday and I am way behind bloggin' about it. Wishing you the sweetest 14th birthday Stephanie and I know you had a wonderful day. I do have to admit though I cannot believe how quickly my kids are growing up and I know I seem to be saying it a lot lately but having 4 kids so close together and pretty much all teens makes you think about it somewhat and I do. No longer little, very independent, very vocal and very much growing into themselves as young people, full of life and attitude as well.....rofl!

So having said that I thought I would sing this little song just for you Stephanie and all in lime green your fave colour.

Happy Birthday To You
Happy Birthday To You
Happy Birthday Dear Stephanie
Happy Birthday To You
Hip Pip Hooray Hip Pip Hooray

How's your week been? Mine has already been a very full one and it's only Tuesday. Yesterday I had a physio appointment and a occupational therapist appointment, had to do a little grocery shopping, my DD's Steps 14th birthday in amongst it all and she had a movie marathon birthday party so we watched the Epic Movie, The Bratz Movie, It's a Boy Girl Thing and Ghost Rider. I only managed the last 3.....lol but then that's what a movie marathon is all about right? That combined with junk food, soft drink and pizza for tea. Then today I had a dental appointment and a tooth that they have been trying to save for the past 3 months or so finally comes out in a couple of weeks as they have had no such luck and hopefully the rest will settle down. Oh I hope so otherwise it means another tooth comes out and all I can say to that is OUCH!!! Tomorrow is 2 other appointments......hydro first thing for me and then an appointment for Lance. Thursday's a day off and Friday is hydro again first thing and Lance has another appointment with his paeditrician so busy busy busy. PHEW!!!!!
Well it was just a quick post today and no new LO's so sorry to disappoint but no time playing with any digi stuff....sad I know. Oh and did I tell you and if I already have oh well but I have some really good news. I have been dieting all year and I have been losing weight because of it. Up till now I have lost about 10 kilo's and noticeable amount in my body size as well. I am fitting into clothes I have not been able to where for years and I am proud as punch because of it. The only thing I am really hanging out to do is implement an exercise plan into it all and of course that has not been an easy thing because of my back and in fact it has been inpossible since I was put into hospital exactly 2 months ago but my physio, exercise therapist and occupational therapist are getting that all organised for me with my rehibilation back strong program and although I have to come to terms with things I simply can no longer do and have been adjusting to that because I no longer have the mobility, I am learning about the things I can do and therefore bringing what "exercise" I am able without aggravating the damage done will take a little while to learn and implement. I woke up New Years Day and said this year was the year of me where I was going to reinvent myself and take control of who I am and I have had a successful start to it already. So for anyone else out there who feels it's time to do the same thing go for it and don't give up. Hard at times? Yep sure is but once you get use to the dieting and the life style changes then it isn't so bad and it does just become a part of your day to day routine. Then you have the added bonuses......clothes fit better, clothes become too big, new clothes are needed and you start to shop in the 'normal" size range and not the options plus or bigger plus sizes and that makes you feel so darn good. You also start to see a drastic change in yourself and your self esteem and confidence is no longer way down on the floor but flying higher than it has for a very long time. That's where I am at the moment and although I have only just started, my aim, my goal, my achievement for this year alone is to where a dress come summer and look great in it and I am so excited about that. Already the skirts and the shirts from a few years back now fit. The jackets and the boots are looking good, the natural curves are starting to return and with that a new confidence and self esteem. I love the fact that I also have my PBP buddies supporting me as I am them because a few of us are achieving the same thing and we encourage and congratulate each other on our achievements and that's something to be proud of. So to each and everyone of us setting goals and achieving them day by day I say congratulations and well done. Keep up the great work and you will if you haven't already see the fantastic results.
Hugs Chris xoxo

1 comment:

ksharonk said...

Oooooh ... do you have before and after photos? :)