Shabby Miss Jenn

Monday 1 December 2008

Pinch and a Punch......

....for the first of the month. Yep that's right here downunder it's Monday the 1st of December, the first day of summer and not too many sleeps left before Santa arrives. Have you been good or bad, naughty or nice?

Life is still full on here and there is just more and more being added to my already overflowing plate. Yesterday I had a bad day and today is not the greatest either. Things that take place, decisions made without my knowledge, things said that just make you go mummmmmm and that effect you so badly that you feel worthless, useless and downright low that at times my life really sucks.

Lance has been ok for the past couple of days although we had a serious issue with him and Maddi on Wednesday night which ended in major meltdowns all round. He is on a major high at the moment so we ride the waves with that, some extreme and some not so, and wait for him to crash and burn again as he usually does once the high hits its peak and he comes down off it.

Grace has finished school, her exams are over and done with and now the next exciting thing is the YR10 formal on the 10th of this month. Talk about long holidays though.....weeks and weeks it feels. Both Maddi and Steps are still there for 2 more weeks and then they are finished for the year and how we are going to survive these holidays will be a miracle in itself. With everyone home, not having enough to do, different routines and day to day boredom (so say the kids) it will not only be difficult but it will be so draining - physically and mentally and I usually love the holidays.

No scrapping at all this time round. No digi and no paper as I just have no time to concentrate or even think along those lines. I am still fully and heavily dealing with the dramas of my poor dear 95 yr old grandmother which has taken on it's own complexities with me in the middle of all the drama and trying to do what's right for her with the doctor's, social workers, nursing staff in my favour and then my mum throwing a real doozy in the midst of it all.

This week is just as full on as any other week and today already there are 3 appointments and I am just filling in time before I go off to the next one. Not enough time to do anything else but thought I would grab this time to update my blog.

On the positive though we had home help start last week and from here onwards for at least the next 6 months someone will come in once a week and clean our home. Just the basics so sweeping, vaccuming and mopping floors, cleaning the bathroom and if time permits a little dusting. In that time I hope to get a chance and take a "breather" and catch up on my emails, snail mail and phone calls to those that need to be contacted and I don't feel guilty at all. I simply can't do it so if getting someone in to take a little pressure off this family then that works in my favour for sure and although we have to pay for it at least I know it's done.

Well that's it for today I hope you all had a good weekend and and for those on the other side of the world I hope your having a great weekend. So till next time take care and stay safe, hugs Chris xoxo

3 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

Hi darls! Been thinking of you .. you sound like you cannot be stretched any further than you are at the momet. One positive thing - that home help - gosh that must be a God Sent hey? I hope things won;t be too hectic through the holidays ... let's hope the kids play nice!! lol! You take care of yourself chicky and if I don;t get a chance to tell ya leter - have a Merry Christmas and I hope that the New Year is filled with so many positive vibes because I cannot think of anyone who deserves them more than you do!! ((hugs))

Rock the Hook said...

Chris honey I'm still praying for you and your family. Please know that you are loved...Bek...

Anonymous said...

Hey Chris.. first off thank you for your comment on my blog.. it actually made me do another post lol..

anyway sounds like you have been having a pretty hard time of late, and condolences on the loss of your father. I do hope that things turn around for you in the new year.

Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and a joy-filled new year :)