Shabby Miss Jenn

Thursday 18 September 2008

Creative chaos and all things hectic!

Ever feel like you live on another planet? Well if you answered yes then welcome to my world!
Every day seems a whirlwind, every moment chaotic and every morning I get out of bed I surprise myself that I still am!

Today I managed to bring grown women to tears (including myself) who share a similar experience as I do......looking after a child who has an Autism Spectrum Disorder. Today I attended my first Autism Support Group meeting here in Bendigo and although my very intention was to sit and listen, take note in new surroundings, learn of others in similar situations, slowly pace myself, crawl before I walked, walked before I ran, I found myself to be the very opposite when they all asked me about my son Lance and our struggle in everyday life with him before diagnosis and the here and now since his diagnosis of autism some 2 months or so ago.

Just like me they were shocked to hear and learn it had taken so many years for our son Lance who mind you just turned 17 on Monday (15th) to be finally diagnosed with a lifelong neurological learning disability - Autism and that he indeed suffers with depression, severe anxiety and has learning and communication difficulties just to name a few.

Today I felt that I was able to sit, share and talk with all these other amazing and incredible mums who not only know exactly what it means to have a child on the autism spectrum but the difficulties and complexity of such a diagnosis, the impact it has on everyday life for not only the child but the family as well. Life will never be normal for the Turnbull family.

So ok it's been a while since my last blog but life has been somewhat hectic, oh and that in itself is an understatement. Since my last blog posting on the 2nd Lance had an EEG to check out some sort of seizures he has been having. Hopefully we find out the results of that next Monday. Tim and I with Lance were asked to go in to CAMHS to visit with one of Lance's assessors last week - this psycologist and talk to us about the diagnosis and listen to our journey with Lance his whole life completely undiagnosed and then begin to tell us that Lance is a high support needs child and they will put in place everything he needs and with some things he has become a priority. Appointment at the high school for Stephanie to sort out her course selection for next year -yr 9 and get that underway, completed, filed and signed off. Dealing with Lance and the aftermath of a massive meltdown and blowout last week. Another doctor's appointment for Lance yesterday with more health issues, ultrasound today, results next week on top of seeing his paediatrician Monday. Never ever a dull moment here...ohhh and that's without normal life, raising 3 other children, dealing with school camps this week, my own appointments, family visitors this past weekend, school difficulties with Maddison and his difficulties with his visual impairment, trying to implement strategies and plans for Lance and dealing with NETschool and coming to the realisation that Lance is not coping as well as we would like him to.

OH and let me tell you that it was mine and Tim's 22nd wedding anniversary on the 6th, Lance's 17th birthday on Monday (15th) and my mother's birthday yesterday (Wed 17th) and it is Maddison's 13th birthday tomorrow (19th)! Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday guys and gals!!!

So that's my lot, anyone want it? Nah didn't think so......lol, however I could seriously do with a clone!

While I have you here though I have managed to scrap a LO or 2 or 3 or more....ohhh yeh they are far and few between at the moment but still when I can I will. This one is for the latest Hodge Podge Challenge here over at the Hodge Podge Art Blog in which you are all invited to join in. Tara invited me on very short notice and although it was one of the quickest LO's ever done......lol it was finished in record time and has been up over on their blog ever since, I am only getting about uploading it into my own personal galleries. Such is life!

Hip Chic


......and this one below too!

{huh}

Credits

....and last but not least (for tonight anyway)

Old Building

Credits

Ok so that should take care of the creative chaos and there are a few more CT LO's ready to go but you know, I think I'll leave that till next time. Till then blogging buddies, take care, stay safe and be true to yourself! Hugs Chris xoxo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man Chris! I don't know how you do it each and every day. What a whirlwind you life seems to be. If you're like me, scrapping keeps you grounded and allows you to reflect and get out all the things you can't express verbally. I know it's helped me immensely to stay grounded and focussed when the world throws all kinds of things at you. Keep you head up!