Shabby Miss Jenn

Monday 29 September 2008

School Holidays and all that Jazz!

Yes it's school holidays here in Bendigo and we've just started the 2nd week of them. I have to admit that apart from the kids being at home I don't feel like I'm on holidays. Everyday last week we had an appointment of some kind and if it wasn't the doctors it was the paediatricians, then another trip to the doctors then an appointment with CAMHS and that's without the phone calls and much needed things that we need to implement along with a few other government departments to get some support and help for our son Lance. Yes we have now gone into implementing a crisis plan as of last Thursday because things are critical here. As much as I want to blog more often, scrap more often and simply take time out from this world our family lives in, it isn't going to happen. How we all survive is truly a miracle and I thank God everyday for his help.

Last week I received some more bad news and yep if things couldn't get any worse.....man they can. My father is in hospital seriously ill - he has just been told he has cancer. I am somewhat numb with it all myself I have to admit. One operation down things were going ok for a day or two until he took a turn for the worse and is now being feed intravenously with tubes coming out of every part of his body with what they are pumping in and what is coming out.

Until he is stable they are working out what to do as he needs to recover from this operation where they took part of the bowel and now there is another lump and so the initial thought was - operation done, home to recover then once done he would possibly start chemo, now he has taken a turn for the worse I am not sure what will happen and I don't think he will be home for some time. So apart from all that is going on here, keeping in contact with mum and helping out when I can life is hectic.

Scrapping....yes although I don't scrap as often because of different priorities now I still do manage to get some done. These LO's below were actually created some weeks ago ready for Tara to go live at her new store over at Funky Playground Designs on the 15th of this month. Unfortunately due to unforseen circumstances just as quickly as her shop opened there she is no longer selling at FPD or PBP. But still she has her store here @ Tara Dunstan Designs


Oh and have you checked out this new store After Five Designs cause if you haven't then you're missing out. Packed with the most awesomke designers and many of them were and still are the most amazing scrappers. Anyway go check it out for yourself oh one thing I should mention.....major drooling over the designs in the shop may just happen so be warned!
A couple of LO's with some of those gorgeous designs!

Credits

Click on the credits to find what gorgeous goodies were used and don't forget to check them out in the shop. Well that's it for today, I hope you have been inspired somewhat and I hope you enjoy my LO's. As for all those mums (and dads) out there on school holidays with their kids enjoy them and stay sane.
Till next blog post take care guys and hug a loved one. Hugs Chris xoxo



1 comment:

Valarie said...

So sorry to hear about your dad. My thoughts are with you and yours! If you ever need to talk give me a shout!
Youve got great layouts too, love them each and every one!