Shabby Miss Jenn

Friday 3 April 2009

Let the school holidays begin................

It's Friday night and I can't seem to get motivated......yes I'm bored....lol!!! It has been another busy week with appointments and phone calls and more and more layers being added to our already chaotic life.....what's the deal with that anyway so I decided it was time for another quick post.

Remember in my previous post....only yesterday how I mentioned my son Lance purchased a new 32GB iPod Touch and the part where I said I would give him until the morning before something else needed to be addressed.....ahhh I know my son all too well I think because sure enough first thing this morning was......."mum I spent too much money and I'm not sure".....hummmm good guess hey. Still after more reassurance and telling everyone about his latest "gift to himself" he settled a little bit more with his new fandangled gadget. Although he wishes to create an iTunes account and one I won't allow because they require you to supply your credit card details permanently even for the free goodies....I was not happy with that and had to try over and over and over to explain anyway possible for him to understand why I would not do that.........................that one I shall have to perservere with and realise that he may not be able to process and understand this situation.................ever!

Ok so school holidays are almost here and I am welcoming them with open arms although I know it will be hard work with everyone at home pretty much under the one roof for the next couple of weeks.....not easy to deal with at the best of times. Usually we go away but this year we won't be and I feel really good about making that decision. Reality check....every year we have gone away it has been horrible because routines get mucked up, there is no real structure to the day, it's too busy with people and far too many social situations and far too much for Lance and Maddi to deal with.....we were always under pressure to go away from those that told us it would be good for us but the meltdowns, the running away from where we stay (same place every easter....at our church camp), the extreme anxieties Lance and Maddison dealt with in the end just caused so much grief for the family it just wasn't fair to any of us....and we had to try and hide it all or justify the behaviours and the difficulties experienced every moment of everyday....well not anymore....we simply can't do it and so we won't!!!!!! and boy do I feel better for it already.

I have a couple of LO's on the go for BSM and although I am bored to tears and can't seem to get motivated I had better finish with this post and open photoshop, the school holidays may have begun but I still have deadlines to meet and meet them I will. Hugs Chris xo

1 comment:

Donna said...

Thanks for inviting me to your blog Chris.. gonna love checking out your life and lo's..lol..

Donna x